Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
"The Sons Of Noah: Shem, Ham and Japheth...The sons of Shem: Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram. The sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshech. Arphaxad was the father of Shelah, and Shelah the father of Eber. Two sons were born to Eber: One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided; his brother was named Joktan. Joktan was the father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, Obal, Abimael, Sheba, Ophir, Havilah and Jobab. All these were sons of Joktan. Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah, Eber, Peleg, Reu, Serug, Nahor, Terah and Abram (that is, Abraham). The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael." (1 Chronicles 1:4,17-28)
From two other people come two other very well-known identities: Israelites are the descendants of Isaac's son Jacob, who God renamed Israel, and from Jacob's son Judah come the terms Jew and Jewish.
So how do all of these designations relate to the people involved?
Fact Finder: Of what Israelite tribe was Jesus Christ descended?
This Week's Bible Quiz
1. In what town was Jesus Christ born?
2. In what town did Jesus Christ grow up?
3. In what town did Jesus Christ live during His ministry?
4. In what town was Jesus crucified?
5. How old was Abraham when Isaac was born?
6. How many people, counting Noah, were on the ark?
7. How many days did it rain during the flood?
8. What was Moses' sister's name?
9. What was Moses' brother's name?
10. What were the names of Moses' father and mother?
For the answers to this November 2 1999 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page