Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
"Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you My message."
"So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him."
"Then the word of The Lord came to me:"
"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares The Lord. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in My sight and does not obey Me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it."
"Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, 'This is what The Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.' But they will reply, 'It's no use. We will continue with our own plans; each of us will follow the stubbornness of his evil heart.'" [see Why Babylon?]
"Therefore this is what The Lord says: "Inquire among the nations: Who has ever heard anything like this? A most horrible thing has been done by Virgin Israel. Does the snow of Lebanon ever vanish from its rocky slopes? Do its cool waters from distant sources ever cease to flow? Yet My people have forgotten Me; they burn incense to worthless idols, which made them stumble in their ways and in the ancient paths [see Images and Idols and The Ten Commandments - Your Keys To Life. Also the Valley Of Hinnom]. They made them walk in bypaths and on roads not built up [see The Way]. Their land will be laid waste, an object of lasting scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will shake their heads. Like a wind from the east, I will scatter them before their enemies; I will show them My back and not My face in the day of their disaster."
Fact Finder: Did the destruction come upon the unrepentant people of Judah and Jerusalem exactly as God said that it would if they refused to turn back to Him?
This Week's Bible Quiz
1. Who was king of Judea at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ?
2. Who came from the east to ask that king of Judea about the birth of the Savior?
3. What led those men from the east to the place where the newborn Savior was to be found?
4. What gifts did the men from the east give to the Savior?
5. Who warned Joseph to flee to Egypt with his wife and newborn child?
7. In an attempt to kill the Savior, Herod had all of the male children in Bethlehem and vicinity slaughtered. Of what age were those children?
8. Was the "slaughter of the innocents" prophesied centuries before through the prophet Jeremiah?
9. Where did Joseph take his family to live after their return from Egypt?
10. Was it also prophesied that Jesus would be called a Nazarene?
For the answers to this November 30 1999 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page