Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Seasons, Days And Years
by Wayne Blank
Throughout Bible History, people used the Hebrew calendar (see Bible Calendar), which utilized the natural movements of the heavens to tell time - a day was from sunset to sunset, a month was from new moon to new moon (the word month means moon), and a year was from spring to spring. Bible Months always began at new moon, meaning that, for example, Passover, which was observed on the 14th day of the month of Nisan, always occurred at full moon. A certain classic movie about The Ten Commandments, although excellent overall, is in error by showing a crescent moon on the night of the Passover (see Passover In Egypt and The Ten Plagues) when the death of the firstborn occurred - the moon was full that night.
This Week's Bible Quiz
What's the missing word in these quotations of Jesus Christ? (Revised Standard Version)
1. "I am the ______, and the truth, and the life."
2. "I am the _______ of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger."
3. "whoever lives and believes in Me shall never _______".
4. "no one comes to The _______, but by Me."
5. "I am the _______ of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the _______ of life."
6. "I am the good _______. The good _______ lays down his life for the sheep."
7. "I saw _______ fall like lightning from heaven."
8. "Every kingdom _______ against itself is laid waste, and no city or house _______ against itself will stand."
9. "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John; and if you are willing to accept it, he is _______ who is to come."
10. "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet _______. For as _______ was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
For the answers to this March 6 2001 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page