Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
The Golden Rule
by Wayne Blank
"So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the Law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12 RSV)
"Love Your Neighbor As Yourself"
"The Commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the Law." (Romans 13:9-10 RSV) (see The Ten Commandments)
As We Do Unto Others, God Will Do Unto Us
In terms of each individual's personal salvation, there's another extremely important aspect of the "golden rule" - as we treat others, so God will treat us.
"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back." (Luke 6:36-38 RSV)
Fact Finder: Of faith, hope and love, which is the greatest?
This Week's Bible Quiz
What's the missing word(s) from The Ten Commandments? (Exodus 20:2-17 Revised Standard Version) (question numbers correspond to the Commandment numbers)
1. "I am The Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other _______ before Me."
2. "You shall not make for yourself a graven _______, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."
3. "You shall not take the _______ of The Lord your God in vain; for The Lord will not hold Him guiltless who takes His _______ in vain."
4. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the _______ day is a Sabbath to The Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days The Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the _______ day; therefore The Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."
5."Honor your _______ and your _______, that your days may be long in the land which The Lord your God gives you."
6. "You shall not _______."
7. "You shall not commit _______."
8. "You shall not _______."
9. "You shall not bear _______ witness against your neighbor."
10. "You shall not _______ your neighbor's house; you shall not _______ your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's."
For the answers to this March 13 2001 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page