Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
Hail In Bible History
"Then The Lord [see Rock Of Ages] said to Moses, "Rise up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh, and say to him, 'Thus says The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, "Let My people go, that they may serve Me. For this time I will send all My plagues upon your heart, and upon your servants and your people, that you may know that there is none like Me in all the earth. For by now I could have put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, and you would have been cut off from the earth; but for this purpose have I let you live, to show you My power, so that My Name may be declared throughout all the earth. You are still exalting yourself against My people, and will not let them go. Behold, tomorrow about this time I will cause very heavy hail to fall, such as never has been in Egypt from the day it was founded until now. Now therefore send, get your cattle and all that you have in the field into safe shelter; for the hail shall come down upon every man and beast that is in the field and is not brought home, and they shall die."
Hail In Prophecy
Hail is also spoken of in Prophecy:
"And they assembled them at the place which is called in Hebrew, Armageddon."
Fact Finder: At the time of the Exodus, did God direct the hail on Egypt so that the Israelites were spared?
This Week's Bible Quiz
Which came first?
1. The Exodus or the birth of Abraham?
2. The Flood or the Tower of Babel?
3. "Let dry ground appear" or "Let there be light" at Creation?
4. The Israelites' conquering of Jericho or their crossing of the Jordan River?
5. The reign of King Solomon or the reign of King David?
6. The birth of Jesus Christ or the birth of John the Baptist?
7. The death of Jesus Christ or the death of John the Baptist?
8. The resurrection of Jesus Christ or the conversion of the apostle Paul?
9. The martyrdom of Stephen or Paul's shipwreck on Malta?
10. The ascension of Jesus Christ or the choosing of Mathias as a replacement for Judas Iscariot?
For the answers to this October 16 2001 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page