About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Today's News In Prophecy
Share The Gospel - Tell Everyone
Daily Bible Study on Facebook
Daily Bible Study on Twitter
Free Online Bibles: KJV and ASV
1 Year Bible Reading Plan
Make A Donation
Free Daily Bible Study Library: Download a copy of this entire 5,500+ studies website
Free Sermon Library: Complete 500+ Sermon Index and Download Links
by Wayne Blank
"Give ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech. Does he who plows for sowing plow continually? Does he continually open and harrow his ground? When he has leveled its surface, does he not scatter dill, sow cummin, and put in wheat in rows and barley in its proper place, and spelt as the border? For he is instructed aright; his God teaches him."
Jesus' condemnation of religious Hypocrites:
"Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to His disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers."
Fact Finder: Did some of the hypocritical Pharisees later see the "light"? For example, was the apostle Paul, a man who later wrote much of the New Testament, once a Pharisee who persecuted the church?
This Week's Bible Quiz
Who said it? (Revised Standard Version)
1. "My father has troubled the land; see how my eyes have become bright, because I tasted a little of this honey."
2. "Thy glory, O Israel, is slain upon thy high places! How are the mighty fallen!"
3. "Now The Lord has fulfilled His promise which He made; for I have risen in the place of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as The Lord promised, and I have built the House for the Name of The Lord, the God of Israel"
4. "You saw, O king, and behold, a great image. This image, mighty and of exceeding brightness, stood before you, and its appearance was frightening. The head of this image was of fine gold, its breast and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay"
5. "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace; and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up."
6. "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit that befits repentance"
7. "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"
8. "Are you the King of the Jews?"
9. "Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we had made him walk?"
10. "But this I admit to you, that according to the Way, which they call a sect, I worship the God of our fathers, believing everything laid down by the law or written in the prophets, having a hope in God which these themselves accept, that there will be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust."
For the answers to this August 6 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page
|Bible Study: Aramaic: The Syrian Tongue Of Jesus|