Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
Israelite and Philistine Garrisons
"David also defeated Hadadezer the son of Rehob, king of Zobah, as he went to restore his power at the river Euphrates. And David took from him a thousand and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand foot soldiers; and David hamstrung all the chariot horses, but left enough for a hundred chariots."
The Philistines (and others) established garrisons in Israel:
"Three of the thirty chief men went down to the rock to David at the cave of Adullam, when the army of Philistines was encamped in the valley of Rephaim. David was then in the stronghold; and the garrison of the Philistines was then at Bethlehem." (1 Chronicles 11:15-16 RSV)
This Week's Bible Quiz
Identify these Bible Places:
1. What sea is located between Greece and Turkey?
2. What great river flows through Egypt?
3. What sea is located east of Jerusalem?
4. What sea is located in northern Israel near Capernaum?
5. What gulf is located along the east side of The Sinai Peninsula?
6. What sea is located on the west coast of Israel?
7. What river did the Israelites cross into the Promised Land?
8. What pool of water in Jerusalem was believed to have healing effects?
9. What delta is located in northern Egypt?
10. What river flows into the Jordan River from the east? A hint: the river's name begins with a "Y"
For the answers to this October 1 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page
Daily Bible Study Library
Thousands of Studies!
By The Book
The Spirit World