Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
In The Old Testament
"There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For whoever does these things is an abomination to The Lord; and because of these abominable practices The Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before The Lord your God" (Deuteronomy 18:10-13 RSV)
In The New Testament
"Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21 RSV)
Salvation At Risk
God condemns witchcraft and sorcery because it involves blatant idolatry and paganism. Sometimes it even includes outright worship of Satan, making it extremely vile and wicked in God's sight, as His own Words make plain. Those who seek to obey The Lord, those whose salvation is important to them, should have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Fact Finder: What was the name of the witch who was married to King Ahab of Israel?
This Week's Bible Quiz
True or false?
1. The Book Of Acts is addressed to Theophilus.
3. Tabitha was a lady who Peter, by means of God's Holy Spirit, raised from the dead.
4. Before his conversion, the apostle Paul fiercely persecuted Christians.
5. Paul's shipwreck occurred on Malta.
6. After his conversion, the apostle Paul never sinned.
7. God appointed Paul as the apostle to the Jews.
8. It was Pontius Pilate who gave the authorization to have Jesus Christ crucified.
9. Joseph Of Arimathea placed the body of Jesus Christ in the tomb.
10. Mary of Magdala was the first human to speak with Jesus Christ after His resurrection.
For the answers to this October 29 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page