Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
Frost In The Bible
Frost is created by the Creator's laws of nature (see The First Scientist):
"Has the rain a father, or who has begotten the drops of dew? From whose womb did the ice come forth, and who has given birth to the hoarfrost of heaven? The waters become hard like stone, and the face of the deep is frozen. Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, or loose the cords of Orion? [see Your Very Own Time Machine]" (Job 38:28-31 RSV)
Manna appeared as frost:
"And when the dew had gone up, there was on the face of the wilderness a fine, flake-like thing, fine as hoarfrost on the ground. When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, "It is the bread which The Lord has given you to eat." (Exodus 16:14-15 RSV) (see What Was Manna?)
"Nature" will be "adjusted" after The Return Of Jesus Christ:
"For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city."
Fact Finder: How diversified is the climate of the land of Israel?
This Week's Bible Quiz
1. Where was the prophet Elijah from?
2. What sort of birds brought food to Elijah while he was hiding at the Kerith Ravine?
3. Did God ever raise anyone back to life through Elijah?
4. Where did Elijah confront and defeat 450 prophets of Baal?
5. What was the name of the wicked queen who tried to have Elijah killed?
6. Who was chosen to succeed Elijah as prophet?
7. How did Elijah depart when his time of service was completed?
8. When Elisha was attacked by a very large gang of youths, how did he defend himself?
9. Did Elisha, through the power that God gave him, ever miraculously part the waters of the Jordan River?
10. After Elisha died, what happened to a dead man whose body had been thrown into Elisha's tomb?
For the answers to this December 10 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page