Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
What Is History?
by Wayne Blank
The creation of the heavens and the earth, and the creation of the new heaven and a new earth:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1 RSV)
The coming of light, and the coming of the Light:
"And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light." (Genesis 1:3 RSV)
When death will have outlived its purpose:
"but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die." (Genesis 2:17 RSV)
Humanity began physical life near a river, a foreshadow of the "river of the water of [eternal] life":
"A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden" (Genesis 2:10 RSV)
The Tree of Life returns:
"Then The Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the Tree of Life, and eat, and live for ever" - therefore The Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden He placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the Tree of Life." (Genesis 3:22-24 RSV)
Fact Finder: Is Jesus Christ "the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end"?
This Week's Bible Quiz
1. Who was the owner of the tomb in which Jesus was buried?
2. Who is the "second Adam"?
3. Who appeared with Jesus in The Transfiguration?
4. Which of the apostles (temporarily) disowned Jesus during the night that He was arrested?
5. Which two brothers of Jesus Christ wrote books of The Bible?
6. Which Old Testament prophet described the Messiah's future crucifixion?
7. Who was the first human to see Christ after His resurrection?
8. What was Judas Iscariot paid for betraying the Son of God?
9. On which of the Biblical Holy Days was Christ crucified?
10. Will Jesus Christ return in the same way that He ascended into the heavens?
For the answers to this December 17 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page