Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
Spite Toward God
Those who had spite toward God's instructions and commands during the Wilderness Journey, in spite of all of the miraculous signs that they witnessed, never made it to the physical promised land (see A Journey Without A Destination):
"And The Lord said to Moses, "How long will this people despise Me? And how long will they not believe in Me, in spite of all the signs which I have wrought among them?" (Numbers 14:11 RSV)
Jesus' parable of the wedding feast was a lesson about how His own people would spitefully reject Him, so others, Gentiles, were invited to take their place. The parable has duality since then, because now, with salvation open to everyone, anyone who spitefully rejects Christ as The Way to the spiritual Promised Land will be left behind to eternally die just as were those who were left behind to physically die before they entered the physical promised land.
"And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come."
Fact Finder: (a) Is Jesus Christ the "Stone" that, although once spitefully rejected, is now the chief cornerstone of God's spiritual house? (b) Will that same "Stone" replace all human kingdoms when He returns?
This Week's Bible Quiz
Revelation chapter 11 describes two Prophets of God who will be most physically active just prior to the Return Of Jesus Christ.
1. How long will the two witnesses prophesy to the world?
2. What will the two witnesses be clothed in?
3. What sort of trees are the two witnesses liken to?
4. Will the two witnesses be forced to defend themselves with (God-given and authorized) miraculous deadly force?
5. What weather condition will the two witnesses be able to make happen during the time of their ministry?
6. What will the two witnesses be able to do to rivers?
7. Where will the two witnesses be martyred?
8. How long will the two witnesses remain dead, where their bodies will be left in the street?
9. Will people in all nations celebrate the martyrdom of the two witnesses?
10. Where will the two witnesses go after they are resurrected?
For the answers to this April 8 2003 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page