Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150620
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
The English-language rendering "Micah" is derived from the Hebrew name, pronounced mee-caw, which is an abbreviation of mee-caw-yaw - from which the English name Michael originated. "Micah" in Hebrew is equivalent to someone named Michael being called "Mike" in English. The full name in the original Hebrew means who is like the LORD.
1. What other prophet was active in the same time and place as Micah? (Hint: they both recorded the famous "swords into plowshares" prophecy?
2. Micah was from Moresheth, a town in the south (hint) of the land of Israel. Where was Moresheth?
3. Micah was given to prophesy to "Samaria and Jerusalem." At that time, Jerusalem was the capital of the Kingdom of Judah. At that time, what was "Samaria"?
(a) A wasteland to the north of Jerusalem
What's the missing word (KJV)?
4. "Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof. And all the graven images thereof shall be beaten to pieces, and all the hires thereof shall be burned with the fire, and all the _______ thereof will I lay desolate: for she gathered it of the hire of an harlot, and they shall return to the hire of an harlot."
5. "Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the _______, and mourning as the owls."
6. "Woe to them that devise _______, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand. And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage."
7. "But thou, _______ Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."
8. "In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount _______ from henceforth, even for ever."
9. "But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the _______ of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the _______ of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."
10. "And he shall _______ among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Isaiah