Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150624
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
Haggai, from the Hebrew name pronounced kawg-gaw-hee, meaning festive, was one of three prophets whose ministries happened during the time of Judah's national return from their seventy-years exile. After seven decades, it was the children and grandchildren of the original exiles who returned - to a home that they had never before inhabited.
1. Who were the two other prophets in the time of Haggai? (Hint: Their Biblical books, along with Haggai, are the last 3 books in the KJV Old Testament)
(a) Zechariah and Malachi
2. The northern Kingdom of Israel fell to the Assyrian Empire. What later empire did the Assyrian Empire and the Kingdom of Judah fall to?
3. What empire did the Babylonian Empire fall to - as recorded in the famous "hand writing on the wall" incident of the Bible?
4. What was the name of the Persian king that is recorded at the beginning of the Book of Haggai? (Hint: only 1 of the choices below was a king of Persia)
5. Who was a governor of the people of Judah in Persia, as recorded in Haggai and Ezra, who was the first to return to Jerusalem?
6. Who did the LORD appoint as the other two leaders of the return, after Zerubbabel?
(a) Daniel and Jeremiah
7. When did the Kingdom of Judah fall to Babylon?
(a) 586 BC
8. What prophet of Judah wrote a letter to the exiles in Babylon that told them that their descendants would return in 70 years - as it happened, in the time of Haggai?
9. What was the state of the Temple in Jerusalem in the time of Haggai?
(a) Still operating as it had been before the exile
10. After the return of the people of Judah to Jerusalem, what empire conquered the Persian Empire?
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Zechariah and Malachi