Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150625
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
Zechariah, from the Hebrew name pronounced zek-ar-yaw-hoo, meaning the LORD is remembered, was a prophet of the LORD of the Kingdom of Judah. His ministry happened during Judah's return from the Babylonian exile, after the fall of Babylon to Persia (see The Prophet Daniel: The Hand Writing On The Wall) in the time of Zerubbabel, Ezra and Nehemiah (see Zerubbabel's Return, Ezra's Journey From Babylon and The Arrival Of Nehemiah's Cavalry).
Zechariah's book is moreover about the Messiah's yet-future return to Jerusalem.
What's the missing word (KJV)?
1. "In the eighth month, in the second year of _______, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying, The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers. Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts."
Hint: The answer is a king of Persia. Only one of the choices was a king of Persia (Persia became known as Iran in the 1920s).
2. "Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem. Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort _______, and shall yet choose Jerusalem."
Hint: The correct answer is in Jerusalem. Only one of the choices is in Jerusalem.
3. "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith _______. And many nations shall be joined to _______ in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that _______ of hosts hath sent me unto thee."
(a) The LORD
4. "And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: And two _______ trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof."
5. "And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four _______ out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass. In the first _______ were red horses; and in the second _______ black horses; And in the third _______ white horses; and in the fourth _______ grisled and bay horses. Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord? And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth."
6. "Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not _______; so they cried, and I would not _______, saith the LORD of hosts: But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate."
7. "Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of _______; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain."
8. "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have _______, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."
9. "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the _____ ___ _______, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."
(a) Mount of Olives
10. "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the ______ ___ _______."
(a) Feast of Tabernacles
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Darius