Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150627
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
The English-language rendering of the name Matthew originated from a Greek name, pronounced mat-tath-ee-as, or its shorter version, pronounced mat-thah-yos, that itself actually originated from a more-ancient Hebrew name, pronounced maw-tith-yaw-hoo - from the compounded words, pronounced maw-tawth, meaning a gift, and yaw, an abbreviated form of the Sacred Name (i.e. often translated as LORD in English; see The LORD God Our Saviour and Who Created 'Jehovah'?).
1. What was Matthew's Hebrew name in his own time? (Hint: The name is also that of the patriarch of the Israelite priesthood)
2. What was Matthew's profession?
(a) Army commander
3. What did the Messiah call Matthew to be?
(a) A deacon
4. When did the Magi ("wise men") come to worship the Messiah?
(a) Before the Bethlehem shepherds
5. Who was the "Elijah to come" to prepare the way for the Messiah?
(a) Elijah, resurrected from the dead
6. What did the Messiah say that His people must do with the Light of the Holy Spirit that they are given?
(a) Let it shine for all to see
7. What did the Messiah say would be the only provided proof that He is the Messiah?
(a) The prophecies written about it
8. Who appeared in the "Transfiguration" - a vision of the future Kingdom of God on Earth?
9. In His famous "Olivet Prophecy" (named after the Mount of Olives), what did the Messiah say would happen in Jerusalem immediately before His return?
(a) The "abomination of desolation" spoken of by the prophet Daniel
10. Who was the first human to speak with the Messiah after His Resurrection?
(a) Mary of Magdala
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Levi (Matthew 9:9, Mark 2:14)