1. Where was the city of Philippi?
(a) Macedonia / northern Greece
2. Which of these associates of Paul is recorded with Paul as the epistle was written? (Hint: Paul wrote two other Biblical epistles to this associate - which are known by his name).
3. Where was Paul when he wrote the epistle to the Philippians?
(a) At the Temple in Jerusalem
(b) On a ship
(c) In a Roman prison as a political prisoner because he preached that another King was coming to rule all nations of the world
(d) In Babylon
4. Of what tribe of Israel was Paul?
5. What was Paul's profession when he was converted by the LORD?
(b) Tax collector
6. What did Paul say about what to do when anti-Christian people attempt to silence the Truth?
(a) Run away and live in a cave
(b) Become a coward and compromise so that the Gospel is acceptable to the liberals who refuse to repent from their self-destructive iniquity and decadence
(c) Become silent and hide in plain sight - don't let anyone know that you are a true Christian
(d) Stand strong for the True Gospel - speak and live the Truth regardless of what happens
7. What did the Messiah, and Paul, teach about lusting to be the "leader" of Christ's Church?
(a) Do anything necessary to rule God's Church; God loves the arrogant, the bullies and creators of mind-control cults
(b) Declare yourself to be an apostle and scare people into obeying you
(c) Declare anarchy; the Church of God has no Leader
(d) Jesus Christ is the Head of His Church
8. According to the Holy Scriptures, when does Salvation begin? When will righteous people be "saved"?
(a) At the moment that they die, they "go to heaven"
(b) At the "rapture"
(c) After a time in "purgatory"
(d) On the day of the Messiah's return when the first resurrection will happen
9. Did women accompany the Messiah and the apostles during their ministries?
(b) No - it was exclusively for men
(c) Yes, but they were not allowed to say or do anything
(d) The Bible doesn't say
10. Did the early church observe "thanksgiving"?
(c) The Bible doesn't say
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Macedonia / northern Greece
Related Bible Study: The Epistles: Philippians
2. (b) Timothy (Philippians 1:1)
Related Bible Study: 1 Timothy: Godliness With Contentment and 2 Timothy: In The Last Days Perilous Times Shall Come
3. (c) In a Roman prison as a political prisoner because he preached that another King was coming to rule all nations of the world (Philippians 1:12-14)
Related Bible Study: What Gospel Did Jesus Preach? and The Patriotism Prophecy
4. (c) Benjamin (Philippians 3:5)
Related Bible Study: Jews - Three Tribes and Three Meanings
5. (d) Pharisee (Philippians 3:5)
Related Bible Study: The Passed Over Pharisees; also What Was The Lesson Of John 3:16? and Joseph and Nicodemus: Making A Stand
6. (d) Stand strong for the True Gospel - speak and live the Truth regardless of what happens
Related Bible Study: It's Getting Much Easier To Be A Winner; also Iniquity In History And Prophecy and Decadence In History And Prophecy
7. (d) Jesus Christ is the Head of His Church (Matthew 20:25-28, Philippians 2:3-11)
Related Bible Study: What Does The Bible Say About Ministers?
8. (d) On the day of the Messiah's return when the first resurrection will happen (Philippians 3:20-21)
Related Bible Study: The Feast Of Trumpets: The First Christian Salvation Day and The Eighth Day: Born Again; see also The Harvests Of Salvation and Could Christ Return Tonight?
9. (a) Yes (Luke 23:49, 1 Corinthians 9:5, Philippians 4:3)
Note: the first human witness of the Messiah's resurrection was a woman, Mary of Magdala - she announced to the apostles and to the world (through the writing of it in the Bible) that Christ had risen
Related Bible Study: Passover: The Days From Sacrifice To Resurrection and Why Are Christians Called Brothers And Sisters?
10. (a) Yes (Philippians 4:6)
Related Bible Study: Thanksgiving and The Pilgrims