1. Paul began the letter to Timothy with "1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord." (2 Timothy 1:2 KJV). How is "grace" actually defined in the Holy Bible?
(a) A repentant person being grateful for the LORD's forgiveness of their sins
(b) Being a Christian while not having to obey the LORD's Commands
(c) Making "Gospel" music that others enjoy listening to on Sunday morning
(d) A "happiness" state of mind that is chosen by each individual
2. How is "mercy" actually defined in the Holy Bible?
(a) Ignoring the lawlessness of unrepentant people and giving them eternal life so that they can turn "heaven" into "hell" for everyone forever
(b) Not punishing a guilty person because they're now very sorry that they got caught
(c) Placing value on what is done right, while not ignoring what was done wrong
(d) A form of prayer
3. How is "peace" actually defined in the Holy Bible?
(a) "Shalom": Happy, healthy, friendly, prosperous
(b) Treaties signed by politicians to give them time to build up their military forces for the next war
(c) A motto of drug-stupefied people
(d) A liberal "progressive" term to describe the slide to anarchy
4. Where was Paul when he wrote the letter to Timothy?
(a) At the Vatican
(b) With the Jerusalem High Priest who had the Messiah Crucified
(c) On a fishing boat with Peter
(d) In chains, in a Roman military/political prison, for the "crime" of proclaiming the coming Kingdom of God
5. Some people became corrupt and misled others into believing that this had already happened. What did they claim already happened?
(a) The resurrection
(b) The rapture
(c) Purgatory had started burning
(d) The "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation" (as it was actually officially known) had already risen
6. How did Paul teach Timothy to preach and teach the Gospel?
(a) Make it available to all who are interested; don't waste time and effort arguing with anyone
(b) Go from door to door and make a nuisance of himself
(c) Teach whatever is popular in each area
(d) Don't say anything at all; just live a quiet, "Christian" life and be safe
7. What will be the state of "civilization" just before the Messiah's return?
(a) Men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy
(b) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good
(c) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
(d) All of the above
8. What were the names of the two men who opposed Moses in Egypt?
(a) Jannes and Jambres
(b) Brutus and Casius
(c) Cyrus and Darius
(d) Elymus and Diotrophes
9. When did Paul expect his salvation to happen?
(a) That day
(b) That year
(c) Whenever he died
(d) On the day of the Messiah's return
10. Paul had been abandoned by almost everyone when he wrote the letter to Timothy. Who was the only one to remain with Paul?
(a) Luke, the writer of the epistles of Luke and Acts
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) A repentant person being grateful for the LORD's forgiveness of their sins
Related Bible Study: Living A Grace-Full Life and Ungodly Men Who Turn Grace Into Lawlessness
2. (c) Placing value on what is done right, while not ignoring what was done wrong
Related Bible Study: What Does Mercy Really Mean? and The Law Of The Mercy Seat
3. (a) "Shalom": Happy, healthy, friendly, prosperous
Related Bible Study: What Does Peace Really Mean? and Peace In The Garden
4. (d) In chains, in a Roman military/political prison, for the "crime" of proclaiming the coming Kingdom of God (2 Timothy 1:8,16)
Related Bible Study: The Patriotism Prophecy
(Answers continue below the map)
5. (a) The resurrection (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Related Bible Study: The Harvests Of Salvation and Let Both Grow Together Until The Harvest; also David's Resurrection Prophecy, Job's Prophecy Of The Resurrection and Resurrection and Reincarnation: What's The Difference?
6. (a) Make it available to all who are interested; don't waste time and effort arguing with anyone (2 Timothy 2:23-26)
Related Bible Study: What Gospel Did Jesus Preach?
7. (d) All of the above (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
Related Bible Study: 2 Timothy: In The Last Days Perilous Times Shall Come, Iniquity In History And Prophecy and Decadence In History And Prophecy
8. (a) Jannes and Jambres (2 Timothy 3:8)
Related Bible Study: The Waters Turned To Blood and Let My People Go; also The Plagues Upon Crops And Livestock and Locusts and Darkness
9. (d) On the day of the Messiah's return (2 Timothy 4:8)
Related Bible Study: The Feast Of Trumpets: The First Christian Salvation Day
10. (a) Luke, the writer of the epistles of Luke and Acts (2 Timothy 4:11)
Related Bible Study: Luke: The World Of The LORD and Acts: Luke's Second Letter To Theophilus