1. Who called Elisha to be a prophet - after the LORD told him to do so?
2. What was Elisha doing when he was called to be a prophet?
(a) Sitting in a tax collector's office
(b) Fishing with his brother on their father's boat
(c) Plowing a field
(d) Tending his father-in-law's sheep in the Sinai
3. Where was Elijah when Elisha last saw him?
(a) Elijah was standing on Mount Sinai
(b) Elijah was in Jerusalem
(c) Elijah was taken away "by a whirlwind" on a "chariot of fire"
(d) Elijah was on Mount Carmel
4. What did Elijah leave behind - that Elisha picked up?
(a) His pocket knife
(b) His canteen
(c) His whistle
(d) His mantle
5. What did Elisha do with the object that Elijah left behind?
(a) He whittled an idol
(b) He had a drink of water
(c) He whistled
(d) He parted the waters of the Jordan River - near the same place that the Israelities did it in the time of Joshua
6. What did Elisha do when he was attacked by a large gang of teenage barbarians?
(a) He tried to run from them
(b) He gave them money
(c) He was savagely beaten by them
(d) He miraculously had 2 bears maul 42 of the criminal mob as they were about to attack him
7. What did Elisha do with the son of the woman in Shunem?
(a) He took the boy fishing and taught him how to skip rocks on the water
(b) He bought him his first crossbow
(c) He taught him how to write
(d) He raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit
8. What was the name of the highest-ranking Syrian army commander who was healed of leprosy by Elisha?
9. How did Elisha die?
(a) In a firefight with the army of Ahab and Jezebel
(b) He drowned in the Jordan River
(c) After bungling the singing of the National Anthem, he was killed by starved wild animals in the Roman theater before thousands of cheering sports fans
(d) He died of a natural illness, the same as other people
10. What happened when a man was hastily buried in Elisha's tomb?
(a) A rock engraver added the new name to the door
(b) Elisha was resurrected to spirit life
(c) The man was resurrected back to physical life
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (d) Elijah (1 Kings 19:16)
Related Bible Study: Elijah's Journey To Mount Sinai and The Identity Of The LORD God
2. (c) Plowing a field
Related Bible Study: The Prophets: Elisha and The LORD God Our Saviour
3. (c) Elijah was taken away "by a whirlwind" on a "chariot of fire"
Related Bible Study: Where Did That Chariot Of Fire Take Elijah? and Did Elisha Have Chariots of Fire Too?
4. (d) His mantle
Related Bible Study: Elijah's Mantle
5. (d) He parted the waters of the Jordan River - near the same place that the Israelities did it in the time of Joshua (2 Kings 2:14)
Related Bible Study: The Crossing Of The Jordan
6. (d) He miraculously had 2 bears maul 42 of the criminal mob as they were about to attack him (2 Kings 2:23-25)
Related Bible Study: Iniquity In History And Prophecy
7. (d) He raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit (2 Kings 4:8-37)
Related Bible Study: The Beginning Of Elisha's Miracles and How Did Elijah Raise The Dead?
8. (d) Naaman (2 Kings 5:1-27)
Related Bible Study: The Healing Of Naaman and Heal The Sick, Cleanse The Lepers; also Bacteria
9. (d) He died of a natural illness, the same as other people (2 Kings 13:14)
Related Bible Study: The Postponement Of Death and Is 'Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust' Really In The Bible?
10. (c) The man was resurrected back to physical life
Related Bible Study: The Miracle Of Elisha's Bones and Bones In History and Prophecy