Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150902
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
1. When did the era of the Maccabees, also known as the Hasmonean Kingdom, begin?
(a) In the first century AD, at the same time as Jesus Christ
2. Who were the Maccabees?
(a) Levites who served at the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem
3. How did the name "Maccabees" originate?
(a) It's a Greek word for priest
4. What triggered the revolt by the Maccabees?
(a) An increase in the price of pork
5. Who committed the "abomination of desolation"?
(a) Antiochus IV
6. Of what kingdom was the man who committed the "abomination of desolation"?
(a) Herodian of Rome
7. What Jewish observance originated from the cleansing of the Temple from the "abomination of desolation"?
8. When did the kingdom of the Maccabees end?
(a) When the Roman Empire rose
9. Did Jesus Christ observe Hanukkah?
10. What event did the Messiah say was going to happen, again, immediately before His return?
(a) The Exodus
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (c) In the time of the divided Greek Empire, after the death of Alexander the Great