Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20151027
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
1. Beersheba means "well of the oath" because of a treaty that an Israelite ancestor made (although he was not an Israelite himself - the Israelites began with the children of his grandson who the LORD renamed as "Israel"). Who was the man?
Hint: He was from Iraq. He became the father of Isaac. His name starts with the letter A.
2. Is Beersheba located in Galilee, Samaria or Judea?
Hint: Beersheba is located in the south of the land of Israel.
3. While living at Beersheba, Abraham was forced to send away the woman that Sarah chose as a surrogate mother, but was no longer wanted by Sarah. Who was the woman?
Hint: Her name has 5 letters. It starts with an H and ends with the letters "gar."
4. What was the name of the son of Abraham whose mother was the woman in the question above?
Hint: His name starts with the letter I and ends with the letters "ael."
5. While living at Beersheba, as a test, the LORD commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son, the son of Sarah, as a burnt offering. What was the name of the son?
Hint: His name starts with the letter I and ends with the letters "aac."
6. Both Isaac and Jacob were born at Beersheba. Jacob fled his home town for 20 years to escape his older brother's lethal threats against him for taking the birthright and the blessing from him. What was the name of Jacob's brother?
Hint: His name has 4 letters, starts with the letter E, and ends with the letters "au."
7. When a great famine struck the land of Canaan, Jacob and his family left Beersheba and took refuge in another country. What was the country?
Hint: The Israelites remained there for four hundred years, until the Pharaoh of the time decided that they had overstayed their welcome because they had grown into a powerful multitude in his country.
8. Beersheba was declared to be a "World Heritage Site" in 2005 by UNESCO and is known today as the "Gateway to the _____" - a great desert south of Beersheba. What is the name of the desert?
Hint: It has 5 letters, starts with an N and ends with the letters "ev."
9. In the time of Joshua, which Israelite tribe was given Beersheba?
Hint: The name has 6 letters, starts with an S and ends with the letters "eon."
10. Beersheba came to be used in the term "From ____ to Beersheba" to denote the northern and southern limits of the land of Israel. Beersheba was the southernmost town in the term. What was the northernmost town?
Hint: It has 3 letters and begins with the letter D.
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. Abraham (Genesis 21:22-34)