Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
by Wayne Blank
Jesus' Warning To The Hypocrites
Jesus Christ did not mince words when it came to religious hypocrisy. That, more than anything else, is what got Him killed. His death was a staged assassination by a few religious hypocrites who The Lord was very effectively exposing to the people under their authority.
"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5 RSV)
Fact Finder: Can God be deceived?
This Week's Bible Quiz
What's the missing word from these statements of Jesus Christ? (Revised Standard Version)
1. "You are the _______ of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid."
2. "Think not that I have come to _______ the law and the prophets"
3. "But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed _______ with her in his heart."
4. "And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even _______ in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
5. "The _______ is plentiful, but the laborers are few"
6. "For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of _______ seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."
7. "If you would enter life, keep the _______."
8. "Take heed that no one leads you astray. For many will come in My Name, saying, 'I am the _______,' and they will lead many astray."
9. "and He will send out His _______ with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds"
10. "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lama sabach-thani?" that is, "My God, my God, why hast Thou _______ Me?"
For the answers to this July 2 2002 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page
Daily Bible Study Library
Thousands of Studies!
By The Book
The Spirit World