Make a Donation
About The Author
Holy Day Calendar
Free Online Bibles
Bible Reading Plan
|Get Daily Bible Study on Facebook||Get Daily Bible Study on Twitter Follow @WayneBlank|
Today's Bible Quiz
A Fun and Easy Way To Learn The Bible
Bookmark the Bible Quiz Main Index and Library page for each day's new daily Bible Quiz
Bible Quiz 20150622
The answers to the Bible Quiz questions are located at the bottom section of this page, below the Quiz. The answers include links to detailed Bible studies with many illustrations and detailed Bible maps. These Bible Quizzes are provided as a learning opportunities.
Habakkuk, from the Hebrew word pronounced cawb-awk-cook, meaning embrace, was a prophet of the LORD to the Kingdom of Judah (see Israel In History and Prophecy: Kingdom Of Judah) within 20 years before the Babylonians made their final invasion in 586 BC. Habakkuk's prophecy is also a lament over how the prophet recognized that Judah had ignored the warnings of the earlier prophets (e.g. Isaiah), as well as the prophets of that time (Habakkuk was a contemporary of Jeremiah) and that the time of wrath was nearly upon them.
What's the missing word (KJV)?
1. "The burden which Habakkuk the _______ did see. O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!"
2. "Why dost thou shew me _______, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention. Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth."
3. "For, lo, I raise up the ________, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves."
4. "For the _______ shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."
5. "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his _______."
6. "What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb ________?"
7. "A _______ of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth. O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy."
8. "God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the _______, and the earth was full of his praise."
9. "He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting _______ were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting."
10. "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my _______. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."
Answers to this Bible Quiz
1. (a) Prophet